Monday, August 03, 2009

Poo Poo Princess AKA Triple P AKA Star

Star has regained her previous name. Let me start with Thursday. Mom and Quala came over for a Mary Kay party (which was a lot of fun) and Quala asked to take Star home for the night. (Ryan was going to their house Friday.) So, Star got to spend the night with Grandma and Grandpa and cousin Hannibal. Friday, I went to EB for Mom's Mary Kay party (sooo much fun). Ryan was supposed to drive to EC after work. OF course, you know our luck, his starter went out and was stuck in Houston! Since Ryan would be unable to take care of the dogs, Quala asked the neighbors to check on Star and Hannibal. For those of you who don't know Star, she does not like strangers and HATES leashes. Thus, when the neighbors went to check on the dogs, they put Star on a leash, she freaked out and ended out running towards the hightway! I get a frantic call saying Star is out and take off to EC to get her. (Remember she hates strangers too, so she is running AWAY from the neighbors who are trying to help her). Mom and I made the trip together and experienced some crazy drivers on the way there, but made ti safely. I figured as soon as I pulled in the driveway, Star would see my car and run right infront of me. I was right! Star's location: under the trailer right next to the goat pen! Star sits and waits by the goat pen every time we go to EC because she LOVES to chase them! I jump out of the car thankful she is alright, swoop her up in my arms and cringe. She has a yellow/brown tinge to her fur and is crunchy....any guess as to why???
Star is a prissy dog, but has her hillbilly moments...She had taken the opportunity to roll in as much cow poop as possible! It was disguesting! She had cow feed clumped in her hair; not because she had found a bowl of it but because the undigested feed came out in the poop! It took me FIVE minutes, literally (ask mom), to get clear water rinsing from her! I proceeded to bath her TWICE and then clean and sanitize the bathtub.
That obviously was not enough, she still smelt like a stock yard Saturday all day. The plan was just to shave her bald yesterday, but I can't stand to look at a bald dog. Instead Ryan and I double teamed her and scrubbed her again for about 15 minutes with green apple shampoo. Can you believe that she still has a faint smell to her?
Thus, her previous name was Poo Poo Princess because we though she was eating poop, but now she is Poo Poo Princess or Triple P due to this experience!

1 comment:

Mrs. Davis said...

I like triple P - that is what I will call her from now on- she is like a rapper- the Poo Poo Princess!!